On 5th Nov, 2009 President Obama speaking after announcing the $ 4-bn Federal Educational aid program “Race to Top” has said and I quote :
“America's prosperity has long rested on how well its children are educated. In the 21st century, when countries that out-educate us today will out-compete us tomorrow, there is nothing that will determine the quality of our future as a nation, and the lives our children will lead, more than the kind of education that we provided them. Nothing is more important. I am pleased to report that 48 states are now working to develop international competitive standards because these young people are growing up in global environment where they are competing not against just kids in Chicago or Los Angeles for jobs but they are competing against folks in Beijing and Bangalore.”
This state of education is the result of policy initiatives, concerted efforts, education infrastructural development and hardworking by the people of India in the post independent era, particularly in post 1991 scenario.
But, it has posed a bigger challenge before the educational institution, particularly before the technical education world. Rajdhani Institute of Technology & Management (RITM), Jaipur is poised of this situation and has been thriving to take on the challenges as an opportunity since its inception.
Main pillars of technical education, as envisaged by RITM, are like: Development of education, knowledge, wisdom, skill, inner strength, self-discipline, idea generation & implementation and overall career planning and placement.
I am glad that RITM has created niche in these areas with the support of its stakeholders - Students, Parents, Faculty, Staff, Technological World and the Management. State and Union Govt. policies, support from the regulatory bodies and affiliatingUniversity, patronage from organizations like Wipro, IBM, Tech Mahindra, PSUs, IIT Delhi, CEERI Pilani and many others have their due share in achieving this state.
Imparting Quality Education and bringing out good citizens is our prime focus. Systematically planned, well co-ordinated, supervised and pre-scheduled academic calendar is making 'Quality-Education' system realized in the campus. Students are being exposed to the state-of-the-art technology through exposures and working with prestigious organizations like IIT Delhi, CEERI Pilani, IBM, I.L. Kota etc. to name a few.
Co-curricular and extra curricular activities, training and real-life project execution are helping students to assimilate information and transform it into knowledge, and finally to wisdom. Special weakly programs on personality building, self confidence, valuebased- living, various management tools, societal service projects and alike are making the environment to shape good citizens.
As a policy, RITM endeavor to inculcate leadership among its students; they are leading various campus activities to perceive real-life-situation at campus. Anti-ragging initiatives of the institute with the joint efforts of its stakeholders have made the campus ragging-menace-free for the past 7 years.
The institute lends its support to aspiring student entrepreneurs in the form of infrastructure, money, guidance and network opportunities. E-cell has helped students to transform their ideas into a successful business adventure.
I wish that the institute continue getting bigger support, guidance and patronage from its stakeholder to rise exponentially in career building of its budding technocrats. Prof. Awdhesh Kumar,
Educational Qualification :
Electronics - cum- Broadcast Engineer
Ph.D. ( IIT Delhi ), FIETE, M/E, PDF (Japan)
- 25 Research Publications in leading research journals of USA, UK, Japan, Russia and India.
- Govt. of India M/o I & B "Merit of Excellence Awardee" for pioneering work on the development of High Power TV transmitting antenna employed in Doordarshan network in the country.
- Professionally, an IES (Electronics) officer of 1972 batch and retired as Director (R&D), Doordarshan & All India Radio, New Delhi.
- Pioneer in commissioning TV transmitting network in the state of Rajasthan.
- Former Principal SKIT, IIMET and Director GIT, Jaipur
- Academic Council member of Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota and visiting Professor to a large number of technical and management institutions like HCMRIPA, MNIT, IIT Delhi, NIT Kurushetra, University of Rajasthan etc.
- Widely traveled across the globe & spent several years in Japan for his research work at Tokyo Institute of Technology, Hiroshima University and thereafter as Design Engineer, Hitachi Electronics Ltd., Tokyo.
- A social activist, empowering poorest of the poor through free vocational training and employment opportunities. He has been a close associate of Acharaya Vinoba Bhave and Jay Prakash Narayan in their various constructive programs.
- Dr. Awdhesh Kumar has keen interest in Indian Philosophy, especially Bhagwat Gita, Ramayan And Upnishads.
- He delivers motivational lectures at several management and administrative training schools including HCMRIPA (OTS), University of Rajasthan, MNIT etc. 'Management through Bhagwat Gita' is his widely acclaimed topic for corporate managers and executives.
- He has been Chairman IETE, BES and President Rotary Club.